Front End Developer
We are currently recruiting for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our web development team. As a Front End Developer with us, you will get the opportunity to work on complex projects. You’ll also get plenty of chances to mentor and share your knowledge with the Evoluted team.
On a daily basis you will work with Designers, other Developers, Project Managers and the rest of the team to create complex applications and responsive websites that meet the project goals and leave a lasting impression on our clients.
You will be expected to take the initiative in all of the projects you work on. In return, you’ll have the scope to put your own stamp onto projects, helping to make a real impact on the growth of Evoluted and our clients.
Our workspace consists of a friendly, informal and stimulating environment, right in the heart of Sheffield. With us, you’ll get your own state-of-the-art workstation, in an office that’s been designed with collaborative working in mind. You’ll also receive access to plenty of great benefits.
If you have the skills and think you could thrive as a member of the Evoluted team, we’d love to hear from you.
- Developing high quality front end code for new and existing sites
- Continually looking for and implementing ways of improving our development practices.
- Staying up to date with new changes in technology and teaching others.
- To be creative and innovative in the work that you perform.
The perfect candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a commercial environment.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5.
- Excellent knowledge of CSS and Sass using BEM methodology.
- Ability to write clean and reusable code
- Understanding of version control. (We use Git)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in dependency managers (Composer, NPM, Yarn).
Desirable skills include:
- Experience in VueJS or similar frameworks
- Experience of ESLint or other coding standards tools
- Experience working with Bootstrap or other front end frameworks
- Experience with templating engines (e.g. Twig)
- Experience using an MVC framework (e.g. Laravel, CakePHP)
- Understanding of API's and interacting with them
25 days of annual leave, in addition to all UK public holidays
Annual performance and salary review
Annual Christmas bonus scheme based on company profits
Help pay for childcare costs
Central Sheffield location close to Fargate and Kelham Island
Company pension scheme with contributions
Cycle 2 Work Scheme
Save up to 42% on a new bike
If you need to leave or start early, that’s cool. Core hours are 10am - 4pm.
Coffee fans will enjoy our state-of-the-art Jura machine
Great Working Environment
Each of our team get their own dual-screen workstation
Regular, fully-subsidised nights out and office treats including pizza and cupcakes
Secure on-site bike parking & shower facilities
Regular, fully-subsidised nights out and team events
Work From Home
Work from home for up to 3 days a month
Apply for this position
To apply for this role please complete the form below.