PHP Web Developer
We are currently recruiting for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our web development team. As a PHP Web Developer with us, you will get the opportunity to work on complex projects. You’ll also get plenty of chances to mentor and share your knowledge with the Evoluted team.
You will be expected to take the initiative in all of the projects you work on. In return, you’ll have the scope to put your own stamp onto projects, helping to make a real impact on the growth of Evoluted and our clients.
Our workspace consists of a friendly, informal and stimulating environment, right in the heart of Sheffield. With us, you’ll get your own state-of-the-art workstation, in an office that’s been designed with collaborative working in mind. You’ll also receive access to plenty of great benefits.
If you have the skills and think you could thrive as a member of the Evoluted team, we’d love to hear from you.
- Delivering high quality website/web application projects to clients.
- Continually looking for and implementing ways of improving our development practices.
- Staying up to date with new changes in technology and teaching others.
- To be creative and innovative in the work that you perform.
The perfect candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a commercial environment.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented PHP.
- Experience in a MVC Framework (e.g. Laravel, CakePHP).
- Understanding of version control.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in dependency managers (Composer, NPM).
- Experience in server management, our stack orientates around PHP5&7, NGINX & Apache.
- Experience of AWS
- Familiarity with Bash.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of MySQL and query optimisation.
25 days of annual leave, in addition to all UK public holidays
Annual performance and salary review
Annual Christmas bonus scheme based on company profits
Help pay for childcare costs
Central Sheffield location close to Fargate and Kelham Island
Company pension scheme with contributions
Cycle 2 Work Scheme
Save up to 42% on a new bike
If you need to leave or start early, that’s cool. Core hours are 10am - 4pm.
Coffee fans will enjoy our state-of-the-art Jura machine
Great Working Environment
Each of our team get their own dual-screen workstation
You’ll be able to enjoying adding tracks to the Office Sonos
Regular, fully-subsidised nights out and office treats including pizza and cupcakes
Secure on-site bike parking & shower facilities
Regular, fully-subsidised nights out and team events
Work From Home
Work from home for up to 2 days a month
Apply for this position
To apply for this role please complete the form below.