PHP Web Developer
Evoluted is an award-winning digital agency based in Sheffield that specialises in bespoke web development, results-focused digital marketing and digital design for recognised brands and SMEs across the UK.
An exciting opportunity to join the development team at Evoluted has arisen. We are a close-knit team that specialises in building bespoke solutions tailored to our client's needs.
We’re looking for someone smart and self-motivated to bring our clients applications to life and you will get the opportunity to work on complex projects.
You will be expected to take the initiative in all of the projects you work on. In return, you’ll have the scope to put your own stamp onto projects, helping to make a real impact on the growth of Evoluted and our clients.
If this sounds like you, keep reading to learn more about the role and the perks of joining Evoluted!
Why Join Evoluted?
We've been in the game for 15 years now with no signs of slowing down. We're gearing up for some phenomenal growth over the next few years, providing a great opportunity for talented individuals with vision, passion and ambition to make their mark in a fast-growing organisation. We also provide a huge range of employee perks which are constantly expanding!
- Competitive salaries - We’re committed to offering great salaries which reflect our team's great work, including transparent annual reviews and progression opportunities.
- Flexible working - Work from anywhere in the UK, at our Sheffield HQ, or do a bit of both!
- Personal development - We care deeply about career development, offering training opportunities, support to work on your own side-projects, attendance at industry-leading conferences, our own library of the latest and greatest reads, and more.
- Build your brand - Get a push through social media, the opportunity to talk at our own events and via our growing network to make your mark on the industry.
- Discover new passions - Learn about other marketing disciplines, project management, sales, development, operations and more by being part of a diverse, interconnected digital agency.
- Annual leave - We offer 25 days annual leave plus all UK public holidays.
- We’re a social team - From catered lunches and post-work trips to the pub, to board game nights, Go-Karting and our annual Big Fat Evoluted Quiz, there’s plenty of time to get social as well as work once the world gets back to normal!
Key responsibilities for the PHP Web Developer include:
- Collaborating with your fellow Developers, Designers, Project Managers and the wider team to build applications that leave a lasting impression on our clients.
- Developing high-quality applications for new and existing clients.
- Ensuring our applications are accessible and performant.
- Continually looking for and implementing ways of improving our development practices.
- Staying up to date with new changes in technology and sharing your knowledge with others.
- To be creative and innovative in the work that you perform.
You could be a perfect fit for the Evoluted team as a PHP Web Developer if you have:
- Strong focus on end-to-end performance.
- Experience using an MVC framework. (e.g. Laravel, CakePHP)
- Strong skills in PHP (7+).
- Excellent understanding of HTML & CSS.
- Ability to write clean and reusable code.
- Understanding of version control. (We use Git)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in dependency managers (Composer, NPM, Yarn).
- UK residency and are able to travel to our Sheffield HQ or to client meetings if required (if you love working from home... it won't be too often, don't worry!)
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience in front-end frameworks such as React or VueJS
- Experience in managing AWS infrastructure
- Experience in server management, our stack orientates around PHP5&7, NGINX & Apache.
KNOW SOMEONE WHO’D BE THE PERFECT FIT FOR THIS ROLE? WE’LL GIVE YOU £1000!
Evoluted are always looking to work with the most talented people in the industry and we’d like your help to find our next team member. If you know someone who you think would be a good fit for a position at Evoluted, please let us know!
If we end up hiring your referred candidate, you’ll receive our £1000 referral bonus once they’ve worked with us for six months!
If you know someone who would be an excellent fit to join the Evoluted team, refer them to us by emailing their name, contact details (and ideally their CV) to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no cap on the number of referrals anyone can make. All rewards will be paid accordingly.
- If two or more people refer the same candidate, only the first referrer will receive a referral reward.
- Referrers are still eligible for rewards even if a candidate gets hired for another position.
- Anyone is eligible to participate in our referral program except for Evoluted senior management or hiring managers (Head of department or higher), or recruitment companies, agents or contractors (don't waste your time trying)
- Eligible candidates must not have worked with or applied to work with Evoluted within the past 12 months.
25 days of annual leave, in addition to all UK public holidays - also rising 1 day per year of service
Performance and salary review every 6 months
Annual Christmas bonus scheme based on company profits
Help pay for childcare costs
Central Sheffield location close to Fargate and Kelham Island
Company pension scheme with contributions
Cycle 2 Work Scheme
Save up to 42% on a new bike
If you need to leave early or start late, that’s cool. Core hours are 10am - 3pm.
Coffee fans will enjoy our state-of-the-art Jura machine
Great Working Environment
Each of our team get their own dual-screen workstation
Secure on-site bike parking & shower facilities
Monthly, fully-subsidised nights out and team events
Work From Home
Flexible working at our office or work from home anywhere in the UK
Apply for this position
To apply for this role please complete the form below.