Evoluted is an award-winning digital agency based in Sheffield that specialises in bespoke web development, results-focused digital marketing and digital design for recognised brands across the UK and internationally.
We’re looking for someone smart and self-motivated to bring our clients’ applications to life and you will get the opportunity to work on complex projects.
You will be expected to take the initiative in all of the projects you work on. In return, you’ll have the scope to put your own stamp onto projects, helping to make a real impact on the growth of Evoluted and our clients.
If this sounds like you, keep reading to learn more about the role and the perks of joining Evoluted!
Why Join Evoluted?
We've been in the game for 15 years now with no signs of slowing down. We're gearing up for some phenomenal growth over the next few years, providing a great opportunity for talented individuals with vision, passion and ambition to make their mark in a fast-growing organisation. We also provide a huge range of employee perks which are constantly expanding!
- Permanently flexible working - Work from anywhere in the UK, at our Sheffield HQ, or do a bit of both!
- Personal development - We care deeply about career development, offering training opportunities, support to work on your own side-projects, attendance at industry-leading conferences, our own library of the latest and greatest reads, and more.
- Annual leave - We offer 25 days annual leave plus all UK public holidays increasing by an additional day for each year of service up to 30 days.
- 10% time - One full day every two weeks is set aside for building work-adjacent side projects and improving our developer experience - we’ve built tools to help us with quality assurance, internal APIs, talks and training, and all manner of wonderful experiments.
- We’re a social team - The Social Team arrange plenty of opportunities online and offline for our team to socialise. From catered lunches and post-work trips to the pub, to board and video game nights, Go-Karting and our annual Big Fat Evoluted Quiz!
- Competitive salaries - We’re committed to offering great salaries which reflect our team's great work, including transparent annual reviews and progression opportunities.
- Build your brand - Get a push through social media, the opportunity to talk at our own events and via our growing network to make your mark on the industry.
- Discover new passions - Learn about other agency disciplines, project management, sales, development, operations and more by being part of an interconnected full-service digital agency.
What You'll Work On
Evoluted prides itself on the different types of clients we work with and applications that we build. As a senior developer you’ll likely be working on:
- Business to business and business to consumer ecommerce sites - selling everything from schoolwear to paving tiles to fireworks
- Back-office applications to help our clients work better - that might be factory workflow systems, middleware for making disparate systems talk to one another or developing an application to help staff with telephone orders
- Bespoke systems - built from the ground up to solve complex client requirements
- Greenfield projects - many of our clients have outgrown their existing off-the-shelf systems and are looking for a fresh, integrated approach
- Tools to help our team - applications and APIs to remove the friction of common or repetitive tasks and let us work smarter
You could be a perfect fit for the Evoluted team as a Senior Developer if you have:
- Ability to write clean and reusable code.
- Excellent understanding of HTML & CSS.
- Experience using an MVC framework. (e.g. Laravel, Yii, Symfony)
- Strong focus on end-to-end performance.
- General knowledge of web application architecture fundamentals (e.g. HTTP, DNS, SQL)
- Understanding of version control. (We use Git)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in dependency managers (Composer, NPM, Yarn).
- UK residency and are able to travel to our Sheffield HQ on occasion.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience in highly interactive front-end frameworks such as React or VueJS
- Experience in managing AWS infrastructure
- Experience in server management, our stack orientates around PHP, NGINX & MySQL / PostgreSQL.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Developer role include:
- Collaborating with your fellow Developers, Designers, Project Managers and the wider team to build applications that leave a lasting impression on our clients.
- Opportunity to mentor your team and share your expertise.
- Developing high-quality applications for new and existing clients.
- Ensuring our applications are accessible and performant.
- Continually looking for and implementing ways of improving our development practices.
- Staying up to date with changes in technology and sharing your knowledge with others.
- To be creative and innovative in the work that you perform.
KNOW SOMEONE WHO’D BE THE PERFECT FIT FOR THIS ROLE? WE’LL GIVE YOU £1000!
Evoluted are always looking to work with the most talented people in the industry and we’d like your help to find our next team member. If you know someone who you think would be a good fit for a position at Evoluted, please let us know!
If we end up hiring your referred candidate, you’ll receive our £1000 referral bonus once they’ve worked with us for six months!
If you know someone who would be an excellent fit to join the Evoluted team, refer them to us by emailing their name, contact details (and ideally their CV) to our team at email@example.com
- There is no cap on the number of referrals anyone can make. All rewards will be paid accordingly.
- If two or more people refer the same candidate, only the first referrer will receive a referral reward.
- Referrers are still eligible for rewards even if a candidate gets hired for another position.
- Anyone is eligible to participate in our referral program except for Evoluted senior management or hiring managers (Head of department or higher), or recruitment companies, agents or contractors (don't waste your time trying)
- Eligible candidates must not have worked with or applied to work with Evoluted within the past 12 months
25 days of annual leave, in addition to all UK public holidays
Annual performance and salary review
Annual Christmas bonus scheme based on company profits
Help pay for childcare costs
Central Sheffield location close to Fargate and Kelham Island
Company pension scheme with contributions
Cycle 2 Work Scheme
Save up to 42% on a new bike
If you need to leave or start early, that’s cool. Core hours are 10am - 4pm.
Coffee fans will enjoy our state-of-the-art Jura machine
Great Working Environment
Each of our team get their own dual-screen workstation
Regular, fully-subsidised nights out and office treats including pizza and cupcakes
Secure on-site bike parking & shower facilities
Regular, fully-subsidised nights out and team events
Work From Home
Flexible working at our office or work from home anywhere in the UK
Apply for this position
To apply for this role please complete the form below.