Technical SEO Specialist
Evoluted is an award-winning digital agency based in Sheffield that specialises in bespoke web design, web development & ROI-driven digital marketing.
We are looking to continue the rapid expansion of our digital marketing team with the appointment of a Technical SEO Specialist.
Reporting directly to the Head of SEO, you will be expected to implement results-focused SEO strategies on behalf of our diverse portfolio of local and national clients. You will be joining an experienced team but will be expected to work independently towards demanding targets.
Why Join Evoluted?
We've been in the game for 15 years now with no signs of slowing down. We're gearing up for some phenomenal growth over the next few years, providing a great opportunity for talented individuals with vision, passion and ambition to make their mark in a fast-growing organisation. We also provide a huge range of employee perks which are constantly expanding!
- Competitive salaries - We’re committed to offering great salaries which reflect our team's great work, including transparent twice-yearly reviews and progression opportunities.
- Flexible working - Work from anywhere in the UK, at our Sheffield HQ, or do a bit of both with flexi-time to fit your hours in between 7am-7pm!
- Personal development - We care deeply about career development, offering regular training opportunities, support to work on your own side-projects, attendance at industry-leading conferences like Brighton SEO, our own library of the latest and greatest reads, and more.
- Build your brand - Get a push through social media, the opportunity to talk at our own events and via our growing network to make your mark on the industry.
- Discover new passions - Learn about other marketing disciplines, project management, sales, development, operations and more by being part of a diverse, interconnected digital agency.
- Annual leave - We offer 25 days annual leave plus all UK public holidays, growing by an additional day per year of service.
- We’re a social team - From catered lunches and post-work trips to the pub, to board game nights, Go-Karting and our annual Big Fat Evoluted Quiz, there’s plenty of time to get social as well!
- Working closely with clients in order to create a strategy that is designed to have a positive impact on their organisation’s key performance indicators.
- Conducting thorough technical audits in order to identify issues impacting a site’s performance and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Undertaking in-depth keyword research, keyword mapping and search intent research to inform client strategies.
- Providing technical SEO assistance to the in-house development team covering areas such as site architecture, indexation and crawlability.
- Assist with new business acquisition through development of high impact audits for prospective clients.
- Conducting link audits to identify potential weaknesses and opportunities and to gain an understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Building strong relationships with clients where you are their key point of communication.
- Creating monthly reports that provide clients with meaningful insights that are clearly explained in terms that relate to their organisation’s KPIs.
- Contributing to Evoluted’s marketing initiatives including the production of blog posts and helping to organise Sheffield DM.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of technical SEO best practice, sharing knowledge across the team where applicable.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience working across multiple clients or sites at an agency or in-house
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Superb organisation and time-management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to research and understand varying markets, products and services
- Familiarity with SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, Sitebulb and Ahrefs
- A passion for digital marketing
- UK residency and the ability to travel to our Sheffield HQ or to client meetings if required (if you love working from home... it won't be too often, don't worry!)
Desirable but not essential:
- Understanding of development processes
- Experience working with APIs and data collection/analysis
- Paid search experience
KNOW SOMEONE WHO’D BE THE PERFECT FIT FOR THIS ROLE? WE’LL GIVE YOU £1000!
Evoluted are always looking to work with the most talented people in the industry and we’d like your help to find our next team member. If you know someone who you think would be a good fit for a position at Evoluted, please let us know!
If we end up hiring your referred candidate, you’ll receive our £1000 referral bonus once they’ve worked with us for six months!
If you know someone who would be an excellent fit to join the Evoluted team, refer them to us by emailing their name, contact details (and ideally their CV) to our team at email@example.com
- There is no cap on the number of referrals anyone can make. All rewards will be paid accordingly.
- If two or more people refer the same candidate, only the first referrer will receive a referral reward.
- Referrers are still eligible for rewards even if a candidate gets hired for another position.
- Anyone is eligible to participate in our referral program except for Evoluted senior management or hiring managers (Head of department or higher), or recruitment companies, agents or contractors (don't waste your time trying)
- Eligible candidates must not have worked with or applied to work with Evoluted within the past 12 months.
25 days of annual leave, in addition to all UK public holidays
Annual performance and salary review
Annual Christmas bonus scheme based on company profits
Help pay for childcare costs
Central Sheffield location close to Fargate and Kelham Island
Company pension scheme with contributions
Cycle 2 Work Scheme
Save up to 42% on a new bike
If you need to leave or start early, that’s cool. Core hours are 10am - 4pm.
Coffee fans will enjoy our state-of-the-art Jura machine
Great Working Environment
Each of our team get their own dual-screen workstation
Regular, fully-subsidised nights out and office treats including pizza and cupcakes
Secure on-site bike parking & shower facilities
Regular, fully-subsidised nights out and team events
Work From Home
Flexible working at our office or work from home anywhere in the UK
Apply for this position
To apply for this role please complete the form below.