A Decade of Evoluted
On 9th September, we descended upon Sheffield's Millenium Gallery to mark 10 years of Evoluted - and what a decade it's been.
Since being established in 2006 by fresh-faced Sheffield University graduates Ash and Gareth, our company has grown to become a leading digital agency for the region.
We've assisted an expansive range of local, national and international businesses; with each and every project throwing up its own unique challenges.
We've absolutely loved our time to date and felt it was only right to celebrate it as such!
A Night of Celebration
As well as all of the current team, many of our clients also came to mark the occasion. We were also blessed with visits from a few familiar faces from years gone by, with ex-Evoluted members providing a welcome blast from the past.
It was great to bring so many people together, all of whom have all played their own part in getting Evoluted to where it is today.
A superb night was had by all; with cake, tasty food, retro games and even a free bar all on offer. Naturally, the latter went down particularly well.
Thanks to all who came down on the night for making it such a memorable celebration.
12 Highlights from the Past Ten Years
To mark our 10th anniversary, we thought we'd have a think back on some of the highlight moments from the past decade. You can read more about these below. Alternatively, check out our cool animation!
- 2006: Ash Young and Gareth Davies established Evoluted at Tapton Park Innovation Centre in Chesterfield. Little did they know the lofty heights the company would go on to reach.
- 2007: We launched the first of our many side projects - The Crossword Solver. The site now receives in excess of 1.4 million unique users each month.
- 2008: Our first two permanent staff members - Stu and Jimbo - were employed. Both remain with the company today, so they must have found something they like.
- 2009: The decision was taken to move the company to the Steel City. It only seemed fair that we should relocate near to the real ale pubs of Kelham Island. It's safe to say we've made good use of them since!
- 2010: The Evoluted team grows to nine-strong - representing a tidy 350% increase in numbers since the company was established.
- 2011: Some welcome expansion meant that it was time for us to take control of all three floors of our office building.
- 2012: After deciding the halls of Evoluted could do with a lick of paint, refurbishment work was subsequently completed on our 18th century abode.
- 2013: We were delighted to win the award for best website in the Wanderlust Readers' Travel Awards. The nod came for a site our team built for Bamboo Travel.
- 2014: Ash and Gareth reached an agreement on the sale of Evoluted's e-commerce spin-off business Car Mats UK.
- 2015: By 'Eck. We found ourselves nominated for Best Use of Technology at the Sheffield Business Awards.
- 2016: We were absolutely delighted to push through the purchase of our office building. We can now officially call them our home.
- 2016 (2): We're named winners of the Best Use of Technology within the Chamber Business Awards.
What Does the Future Hold?
So many people have played a part in Evoluted progressing to its current level. Employees - past and present - and of course our clients, all deserve immense credit.
But what does the future hold for the company?
Well, you can be sure we won't be taking things easier now. Instead, we're looking to push on to new heights.
We have our sights firmly set on the growth of our digital marketing team, whilst you can be sure we'll continue to design and develop our signature websites.
So here's to another 10 years. We can't wait to see where they take us.